Interview w/Tidalis Dev, Chris Park (Arcen Games)
I recently got a chance to talk with Chris Park, owner/Lead Programmer/Lead Designer of Arcen Games. This is a great interview, highly insightful, and entertaining. It makes a good listen, so download it and slap it on the iPod, or click below to stream it right now.
Some of the things we talked about:
- breaking into game design
- the history of Arcen Games
- Tidalis – everything from discussing early design concepts, alternate versions of the Tidalis story, the art and visuals of the game, and more!
- Chris’s thoughts on design, and story in games
- Alden Ridge, and upcoming adventure game from Arcen
- A Valley Without Wind, a JRPG/Tower defense game, genre-bender, from Arcen
- And, some of the first background/info on a game called Cayenne, a new game from Arcen